So, many of you might have seen these pictures before on Facebook, but I have several people in my family that still do not have a Facebook account for some reason or another. They have asked that I post these pictures here. Here are my pictures from the Palisade Half Marathon this past month. This was a great race for me for two reasons. One I ran the whole way (I usually stop and walk for a little while), and the other is shown here in this picture below.
No, I am not talking about my family although they are so great to wake up so early and cheer me on at the finishes of all my races. What a cheerleading group I have. No I am talking about Mr. Miyagi, he is here in the background.

See there he is in the blue shirt and red shorts, and scarf head band. It is hard to tell in this picture but he looks a lot like Mr. Miyagi from the Karate Kid. I spent most of the race trying to catch up to him and thinking about lines from the movie like "sweep his leg Johnny" or "put him in a body bag", and that seemed to help the time go by as I chased him down. Right at the last 3 miles I caught him and then spent the rest of the race making sure that he didn't pass me again (which he never did!.
Here is my running crew the Frunners, they are also my break dancing crew but we are not that good.
That’s it, four half marathons in less than one year. I started running these on accident with Darcy registering me before I was ready and now here I am with my best race to date behind me. I have always talked about how I will never run a full marathon but what do I do now? To Be Continued...
6 comments:
WOW!!! CONGRATS!!! I am SO impressed!! (and admittedly a little jealous that you get to train with such a fun running group!) My running group consists of me and an 11 month old who, although is quite patient during our run in the jogging stroller, isn't much of a conversationalist. SO excited to see you in person soon, soon!! Love, martha
I wish I had better vision so I could see Mr. Miagi better. I would have believed that was really him.
Darrin, did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I would like to be. You are the wind beneath my wings...
Great job Darrin! Darcy I love your swimsuit, you are a cute little pregnant lady! Your new kitchen floor looks great. I'm excited for you guys to have a baby boy!
I heard you guys got toilet papered! That stinks.
Kyle
Kudos to you guys! You are such live wires! Keep it up. (:
Post a Comment