My favorite time of day these past few weeks has been nap time. Eden will still take naps and before Kale was born I used to lay down with her and we would both fall asleep. Things had changed though and until yesterday, I would sing her a song and then she would say "Okay, you go now mom." I must admit I missed laying down with her, but interested in getting some good rest myself I didn't argue. Well yesterday she didn't say that, she let me cuddle right next to her. Just before she fell asleep she rolled facing me and wrapped her chubby little arms around me and smothered me with kisses, it was the perfect moment. As she fell asleep I laid there and thought about how much I love this little girl. I nuzzled in for one more hug ready to go to my own bed and she smelled just like
playdough. The smell got me thinking about being little, then I thought about how she'll probably give up naps altogether this upcoming year, and I decided to stay and nap right there with her, I will miss this when it's gone, smells and all.
8 comments:
I am so glad you are back on the blogging saddle. I love our girls too and the women that they came from.
Mmmm...love the tender moments!
So sweet...it's those little moments that mean the most
You have gotten right to the heart of being a mother. You rock!
What a sweet post! =)
What a sweet post, Darcy! Seeing your cute little family of six makes me want to have another (but only for about two minutes and then it passes). :)
You guys are the cutest!
That is so sweet Darcy, I hang on to those little moments too, they're what make it all worth it! I've been thinking about you a lot lately! I hope things are going well for you and that you're adjusting to being a mommy of four!! Wish I was there to take your girls for you and let you spend some time with Kale one on one. I guess I'm just missing hanging out with you and the ladies!! Don't forget me! :)
I love nap time!! You are such a great mother!
Post a Comment