Friday, September 4, 2009

Back on the bike


I have not worked out for about 3 months straight now and it's starting to take it's toll. It's taking it's toll on my body of course but alot of it is mental too. I am ready to work out again. This is a tricky phase because I am still not sleeping much so the idea of waking up at 6am and working out, just isn't happening. Fortunately Darrin had Friday off so I took full advantage and tried out my new road bike. I got it a month before the baby was born, but I wasn't brave enough to try it.

It was a pretty good ride, except for one minor detail. I forgot to figure out the shifting before I left. I shifted to the low gear that you mainly spin your wheels in and couldn't change it from there. After about 3 miles of that, I was done for the day. I had Darrin show me the shifting, so I am ready to go again, hopefully on Monday.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Holy cow Darcy! You look great! I'd never guess that you just had a baby. Have fun on your bike!

Preston and Raelene Raban Family said...

wish i was there to ride with you! You look great!