Monday, June 11, 2012

Amazing runner

My girl, Jaya, is absolutely awesome. She participated in Girls on the run this year, and just loved it. This was especially fun to watch and be apart of because Darrin and I are both runners. I wasn't sure if she would enjoy herself, but she did. The day of her big 5k came and I got to run it with her. Just after the race started she found one of her friends from Fruita (Kylee) and they ran together while Celeste (Kylee's mom) and I ran together. The girls were so funny, they were determined to beat their moms. They would sprint for awhile, looking back every few steps. When they felt like they were far enough ahead of us, or maybe too tired to keep that pace, they would walk for a few minutes. By then Celeste and I had caught up and off they ran up ahead again. I was waiting for Jaya to tire out completely but she did great. They both came in ahead of the moms, and Jaya got her best time ever, which was 33 minutes. She was so happy to beat her time from her last race which was the thanksgiving Turkey Trot. Way to go Jaya!!

No comments: