She ended up coming December 22nd and therefore we adopted the idea of a half birthday. It's a very confusing concept for most, and I get many questions ie. So what do you do on her real birthday? Do the rest of your children get half birthdays? So how old is she really? For all of you out there with similar questions this is how it works.
On her half birthday she has a PARTY - cake & ice cream, presents, songs, family & friends. She is now 3 1/2 (which she makes very clear if you ask). And no, none of the other girls get this. (I know I'm mean!)
On her real birthday we acknowledge it. She will turn 4, and we go out for a fun activity (last year the pet shop). There can be cake and ice cream, but it's usually just our little family. People do call and send cards, but we don't get her any presents.
I have LOVED this concept, and so far it's really worked out. So this year for her PARTY we went to my parents and had a little pool party.
Here's to my new 3 1/2 year old!!

7 comments:
Happy half-birthday Baylie!!!
Oh my gosh! Those cakes are DAR-LING! Love the idea!
I loooove the cake!!
I might have to try this; Luca was born Dec. 26. It wondered if something like this would work, and it sounds like it is for you. Fun. You are a creative mom, Darcy!
Darcy, I don't know if you remember us from a long time I am Camron's wife we have only met a couple of times. But I have really enjoyed seeing your family through your blog and wanted to share our blog with you as well. Our blog address is wrights-success.blogspot.com. It has been fun to read your blog and get to know some of Camron's family.
Hooray for Baylie!
When I was little I used to have a half birthday on July 7th. All of my older siblings have their birthdays in October. In my little mind they had their birthdays sooner and more often than my January birthday. When I got older, we quit celebrating my half birthday. Hmphf!
How did you make those shoe cakes???? I love that?
Post a Comment