I have to start off with a confession, once I start weeding I get obsessed. I know this about myself and so I often won't go near the yard if I don't have a good hour (at least) to weed. Seriously, I have had my children say (on numerous occasion) "Mom, will you please stop weeding and make us some lunch!" Or the best was when the neighbor boy was over, and he was like "what is your mom doing?" and Jaya was like "(sigh) she's weeding...she'll be there for a looong time." So as for our yard a few weeks ago I got it into my head that all the clover patches needed to be pulled out of the yard. Several people told me to just leave them, because at least they are green. But they just bugged me, that had to be removed. What I found out though was quite surprising. Under the clovers there was no grass! So now, we have a small patch of mud in the backyard, that I have to re-seed.
Saturday Darrin had all the girls in the backyard as he was working around the yard. I was finishing up some stuff in the house when I headed for the backdoor. As I got there Darrin met me and said, "you have to see something really funny, but you're not going to like it."
Our little Eden had taken full advantage of my obsession and found her own little playground. I did give Darrin "The Look" (which means, why oh why!) then ran for the camera.
12-31-24... The Final Post
1 year ago





No comments:
Post a Comment