This is Darrin and this is my first attempt at Blogging. I feel obligated to post this one only because if I didn't someone might turn me in for spousal abuse. For the record Darcy's eye was cut when we went with some of our friends to the lake. Our friend was teaching each of us how to surf the wake of the boat. It took me several tries but I was finally successful and managed to get up a few times. Darcy followed me and was much quicker at getting up out of the water but the problem was, that she doesn't sink like I do. When I would fall I would always sink very deep, I kept waiting to touch the bottom of the lake which never came. Darcy on the other hand dropped in and popped back up before her surfboard did and so as soon as she came up the board hit her right in the face, by her eye. Next thing I knew she had a thick stream of blood coming down the side of her face. She didn't even realize the severity of her injury because she was positioning herself to go again when one of our friends pulled her out of the water. Sadly, she spent the rest of the day in the boat while I rode on the tube with our girls.
The part that made this even worse is that the next day was the primary program and she had to sit up on the stand with this big white butterfly bandage on her face. I was asked by every member of the Bishopric what had happened. Trying to explain getting hit by a surfboard at a lake is a lot harder than it seems!
I still think that she is so beautiful.
2 comments:
Darrin that is so sweet! She is beautiful!
Nice try Darrin...you really shouldn't punch your wife in the face! :0) It has healed up nicely and she DOES look beautiful!
Post a Comment