While in Florida I thought it would be a good idea to get the girls some presents. I found these cute little animal lip glosses. Knowing my oldest would want whatever animal Baylie got, I choose the same animal. Leave it to Jaya to discover 2 days ago that the lip glosses are different colors. So for the past 2 days I have been hearing nothing but how Baylie's lipgloss is prettier. I first started out ignoring the disappointment but when she started explaining how they were different and how once again that Baylie's was prettier because it had more sparkles, I had to turn to more drastic measures...the scriptures. I quoted from the top of my head, Duet. 5:21 which says ...Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife. She instantly wanted to know what covet means which I explained means wanting something that's not yours. Has it solved the problem? Yes and no. She still thinks Baylie's is nicer, but she is definitely not talking to me so much about it, and when she does I just say the scripture over again.
I may have this put on my wall somewhere, just so we're very clear on this issue, if it's starting with lipgloss I can only imagine where we might be in the future.
2 comments:
Only our Jaya would notice the difference. Man I love my girls.
I know what you're talking about! Dang, between the two of us and our three girls, we'll have lots of stories to share. :-)
Post a Comment