
Dear Jaya,
I can't believe you are 8 years old! I remember thinking man when I have an 8 year old I will be such an old mom, and here we are, where has the time gone? This was a big year you are in 2nd grade and you love school. You are so fun to be around. When you are home you lead the girls in play. Your imagination is amazing, and your energy is just as equally matched. You are willing to try anything. You have a hard time trying to decide what activities to do, because they all appeal to you. You are in dance and piano, but you want to try tennis this Summer. When your sisters started swimming and soccer you were really bummed that you couldn't do all of those things too. You are a great communicator, you are very good at telling me how you feel especially when the things that I say hurt your feelings (not that I try to do this, but it does happen) you are telling me right away how that made you feel. You are a natural leader, yet I don't feel like you are too bossy. You are aware of those around you and are conscious of how they may be feeling and try to include others.
I want to tell you a little bit about your baptism since that was such a neat event. In October I was sitting in Sacrament meeting and the impression that we should read the entire Book of Mormon with you BEFORE your baptism came to me. I felt very strongly that that was something our family needed to do. So we started, you asked your teacher at school if that could count for your reading at night, and she agreed, which meant that you had to write 2-3 sentences a night about what we read. I am sure she was quite shocked at all the death and destruction that she read about, I still wonder what she thought when she read that. Anyways, we started reading and I instantly saw the great blessings that come from reading the Book of Mormon. There was more peace in our home, there was more happiness, and I personally felt much comfort and guidance that I needed at that particular time, I have no doubt that this prompting to read came at a critical time for our family. Somethings that I saw in particular from you though was that you were determined and driven, you would read even if we didn't. You read many Friday nights with Grandma's and Grandpa's and even got Grandpa Beynon to race you to the end, you inspired alot of people for the better. When we got closer to your baptism we had to read a lot of pages each night (around 10) and it took a LONG time, yet you persisted and held to our goal. I remember one night after reading, you were so giddy, dancing, singing all while I was telling you to go to bed. You seemed to be on such a high, I wondered if that was the Spirit that you were feeling and I figured it was but I just happily observed. We finished the last 5 pages of the Book of Mormon the day of your baptism. It was you, me and dad all sitting on our bedroom floor finishing what we had started together, it wasn't planned to finish that day, but it certainly made a great end and perfect beginning for the rest of the day.
The day of your Baptism was amazing, you were so excited, everybody we saw that day you told them you were getting baptized. You asked your Aunt Jenni to speak on Baptism and she did amazing, she was honored to do it. I just remember you being so excited. When people started showing up you said "Mom, I didn't know I would have so many friends here, I am so glad that they all came" i thought that was so sweet that it meant so much to you. When you came out of the water Jaya my eyes filled with tears and you just beamed. As I toweled you off I just thought she looks amazing and beautiful to me, and all the feelings I felt when I held you in my arms for the first time after you were born, came flooding back. It was such a neat experience. I got you dried off and dressed and you said "Mom, I just feel so happy, I am just so happy, I can't stop smiling I just feel so good." I laughed with you and I explained that you are feeling the Spirit right now, telling you the decision you made was the right one. The rest of the day went just as well, surrounded by family and friends. You are a light to me Jaya, you are an example of goodness and love. I am honored to be your Mother and Sister, and I am so grateful Heavenly Father picked me to raise you.
I love you so much I could never stop.
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment