Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Jaya's Big Day

From the Desk of Darrin: I have been so busy with work over the past few months that I have not had time to give any input to this blog, but don't worry I am back. I am excited to start with Jaya's baptism. I am sure that Darcy will have more to add or change but I wanted to get this on here before I start to forget any of the details.



Jaya was baptized this past weekend, and it was such a great time. This story started back in December when a family in our ward was telling me that they read the Book of Mormon before their daughter was baptized. Darcy thought that was a good idea and so when we started we had figured out that we needed to read 5 pages a day, and as time went on and we missed a few days here and there we ended up this past week having to read 12 pages a night. That took almost a hour and a half of reading each night. It was great and we completed our reading Saturday just a couple of hours before her baptism.



It was a Stake baptism and so there were 3 other kids that got baptized that day too. Darcy gave a great introduction where she said that "I remember when we had Jaya I thought of the day that she would be baptized and I thought we will be really old then". Fortunately we don't feel that old, yet. When it was time for Jaya to be baptized I got confused on what hand to use, (this happened even though we had practiced like 6 times before we even got in the water) I chalk it up to stage fright. Everything worked out and the she was baptized, and when she was getting ready she told Darcy that she couldn’t stop smiling and she just felt so good. It was such a testimony builder for me to go through this with her. I need to express my love for the Book of Mormon, and I know it is true. There is no way that this could be a fabrication of someone’s mind; it had to come from God to help us know what his church is and how we should act. I also am so glad for Jaya's excitement for her baptism, and how it reminded me of how important that step is for all of us to return to live with our Father in Heaven.


3 comments:

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Glad we could be there for her special day...thanks for inviting us! Congrats Jaya!!

Kathy&Mike said...

congratulations, Jaya!

Michelle and Nathan said...

I remember babysitting Jaya when we lived in the apartments in Natomas. Wow! Now I feel old. Congrats. In another year Daniel will be baptized.