On April 21, 2012 Darrin ran the Salt Lake City Marathon, in a different post I will share more from his journey. When Darrin decided to run we decided to make a mini-vacation out of this opportunity. He got Friday off of work and we took the kids to the Hogle Zoo. They were so excited, for days before the trip it was all that was talked about, "when are we going to the zoo?" "How many more days till our trip?" Were questions I answered daily (sometimes several times a day). When we finally made it the kids were not disappointed. We saw...Tigers, monkeys, Apes (which Kale hid the minute we approached this area), elephants, giraffes', birds and insects. We got lucky because just as we left the giraffe area one of the giraffes headed inside, so we ran in and got an up close and personal visit. It was so nice to spend sometime with Darrin and the kids, where no chores, housework or homework were involved.
Here is the kids favorite sight at the zoo...
Jaya = Giraffe
Baylie = Squirrel
Eden = Giraffe/Snakes
Kale = Crocodile
Darrin = Gorilla
Darcy = Crocodile
 |
| Eden impersonating an animal |
 |
| The rainforest area, stunk so bad. I was having a hard time handling it, then I looked over and this was what Eden was doing. |
 |
| Our little navigator |
 |
| Kale's little handprints after playing with the water ball. |
2 comments:
Why do we not have a zoo here!? Looks like a blast! BTW- you are an amazing photographer...those pics are beautiful!!
I agree with Mindy! We need a zoo here!
What cute pictures, Darcy. :) Makes me want to take my kids to the zoo.
Post a Comment