My girls love our friends blog (the dares) because the author always posts cute little things her kids say. I love this idea and while I have tried many different ways to write and keep these precious sayings it proves to be harder then I would think.
Darrin and I had the thought the other day that we should write down all those cute sayings for the year, and then give each kid all their own sayings. So, while I still haven't figure out how to track it I thought I would add one recent one from Kale.
Darrin asked the kids "who would like to sweep the kitchen to get the wii game out of the ransom box so we can play it?" Baylie and Eden just walked out of the room, and Kale ran over to the broom, yelling "I do....(took one look at the broom) and said, "um, I don't really want to do that anymore!" and walked away. I busted up laughing, and Jaya ended up sweeping. So typical.
One more. I taught the primary aged children at our church today and we were talking about choices and consequences. I had written down several scenarios asking the children what would they choose. These were tricky, not your typical, your are given too much change at the counter do you tell the clerk? No, this was, just a choice, no real right or wrong, I wanted the kids to realize how many choices we make that are choosing between good and good, so anyways. The scenario was: Your mom and dad are sick and staying home from church, they said you can stay home in your p.j.s and relax or if you want to go to church they will call and get you a ride with a friend. What would you do? The kids that chose church stood on one side and the ones that chose to stay home stood on the other. Again, no right or wrong just a choice. Well to my surprise most of the class (about 30) decided to go to church, 4 decided to stay home and relax, one of the 4 was my daughter Jaya. After the scenario as she was headed back to her sit she whispers to me, "mom I chose to stay home so that I could help you out". Ha Ha. Yea right Jaya, I know you too well. (she's a good help, but not that good.)
1 comment:
That picture is hilarious! What is he doing in there?? Haha!
Post a Comment