We checked out the book The Daring Book for Girls by Andrea J Buchanan and Miriam Peskowitz from the library and Jaya's life has not been the same. She carried it everywhere she went, she read late into the night and she constantly shared her new found knowledge with the rest of us. Little bits of the this and that started disappearing, from string, newspaper and plastic bags, as she started creating the projects she read about in her book. One of the more "daring" adventures was - learning to walk in heels. She slowly clicked around the house, starting on the carpet and rugs and graduating herself to the hardwood (which I was not happy about.) She is now insisting that she would like some heels of her own.
I don't know if I have mentioned but Jaya is 7 inches shorter then me right now, when she puts heels on we are so close to the the same height it's scary. I am not ready for her to be as tall/short as me, and certainly not at 10 years old. After a recent shoe shopping outing together we compromised and she came home with a pair of black shoes with a "low" heel.
This girl is growing up...I guess if heels are the least of my worries I am grateful.


No comments:
Post a Comment