Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Photo Session

I promised myself that I was going to be more positive in general, so I will attempt telling this story without being too negative....
Taking pictures of my kids is the biggest NIGHTMARE! (already I have lost the positive battle). I recently updated our bathroom, paint, flowers, vinyl lettering, the whole works. Since it's the girls bathroom it's of course a princess theme. I bought a white frame that would be just perfect with a picture of my 3 girls playing dress-up.
I tried making it fun, telling them to put on any dress-up they wanted. Then I had them sit down and I started shooting photos. No one was looking at me, or if they were it was a funny, silly, or sassy face. The Happy One was crying a majority of the time, while our Comedian is picking her nose!
I figured that out of the 20 pictures I took at least 1 would turn out? Nope, not one. I'll let you see a few examples of what I am talking about...



















I came up with a list of possible problems, that I can hopefully avoid next time.

1-Don't do this at 5pm when everyone just wants to eat.

2-Blow every one's nose BEFORE so there will be nothing good in there to snack on, because like problem #1 it was dinner time.

3-Get rid of any mental picture of how I want the picture to turn out, and just shoot & print!

1 comment:

Laura B. said...

This is too funny. I seem to have the same problem with my girls!