Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Primary Practice

I was recently called to serve in the Primary in our ward. I have been conducting a few times with our President out of town. It took our girls awhile to get used to Mom being in the Primary. After a couple of Sundays with Baylie coming up, while I am welcoming and giving announcements, she would tug on my leg saying "mom, mom, mom, mom." I politely asked her to go back to her seat, which then sent her into a yelling of... "I just want to talk to you!" It was pretty embarrassing. That day after church we had the talk. Darrin made it a game and told them that when they go to primary they must pretend that I am NOT their mom. They should call me Sis. Case and act like I am a teacher. Their quick response was "Okay, we will pretend that our mom has died." Not liking that, we said "No, your mom as not died, she is just not your mom in Primary."
The other day as I was making lunch Jaya and Baylie were sitting at the counter waiting, singing and laughing loudly. It took me a minute to tune into them (as much as I don't like to admit, this is often the case) when I did, I heard that they were conducting Primary. Jaya was welcoming everyone (Baylie and I) and she was also the music chorister. Baylie being the good little sport that she is was singing very loudly and well! I think they are catching on.

4 comments:

Big D said...

It is hard not to follow you and all the great things that you do, when you are so awesome. I love my girls.

DeGooyer Family said...

Too funny! I was recently put in Primary, and I'm having the EXACT same problem with Rachel! Maybe we need a talk like yours... =)

Debbie said...

That is soo funny! Thanks for the laugh.

Unknown said...

Woot! I love it!