skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The Husband Babysitter
Have you ever noticed when your husband is watching your kids people always say, "So is your husband babysitting?" why is it called babysitting when it's the husband but, parenting when it's the mom? Well after a couple of "babysitting" days of Darrin watching the girls, I found some great pics on the camera. I realized that it is more of babysitting when dad watches them, they play, wear messy pajamas, and there are usually dirty dishes still in the sink!
7 comments:
Those pictures are too cute! I love the Harry Potter glasses. You made such a good point! I've always thought that was funny too. It's not called babysitting when they're YOUR kids! That's called being a parent. But it's good when they get some daddy-time, they can make messes and get in a little trouble. :) Thanks again for the party last night! We had so much fun.
I love those pictures...future witches at the school of Hogwarts I forsee:) I do find it very interesting that Dad's get called babysitters and get asked often if they "survived" the time with their own children. Too funny.
So funny. Dan and I just had this discussion the other day. I had stake meetings all week last week. He said to me as I was walking out the door, "after this week I am not really going to be able to babysit in the evening". I said, "what did you say?" and then he said the same thing over again. I then said to him, "seriousoully, if you call it babysitting again I am going to shoot you in the head!" I told him he didn't look like a 12 year old girl! It is called parenting, not babysiting!
I have pondered this same point. Obviously I didn't waste too much time on it.... Too funny, dad's get all the fun. I love your blog! So cute!
Oh girl...I am SO with you on that issue. People will ask me, "Is James babysitting today?" I'm like, "No. He's just being dad today." HA HA! Love the Diet Pepsi box hat!
I love how when Jason is "babysitting" he isn't able to get housework (or anything else)done because he's "watching the kids". I just chalk one up for my pure genious skills of multitasking, which I remind him of often (and like a good husband he always agrees:)
I saw the pics you took on Stegelmeier's blog. Nice job. Havae you been doing it for long? You're so talented. Your little girls are very cute!
Post a Comment