Monday, December 22, 2008

Confessions

Confession #1 - Okay, as you all guessed we are pregnant! My official due date is July 1st. We are getting more excited as this has been our only surprise pregnancy so far. I guess I shouldn't say it was a total surprise, we did plan on having a 4th but it just happened several months before I was even going to THINK about it. I am hoping for a boy, so keep us in your prayers. I guess I should add that if we have a girl I will be so completely content, it will just most likely end the Darrin Case line (Darrin says if it's a girl we are D-O-N-E! If it's a boy there is a 2% chance we will try for another boy.)

Confession #2 - Darrin has been blogging for the last 2 months, under my name. He wouldn't really want me to admit this to everyone, but I have to give him a shout out. I have been so swamped with Photography and Christmas cards I haven't been much of a mother or a wife. Darrin has been blogging, baking Christmas goodies, cleaning, and all of his normal responsibilities, he's been amazing. Even after all he has done, we celebrated our 9th anniversary over lunch (that was all we could squeeze in) and he STILL said that I was the best person out there for him. I really lucked out.

Confession #3 - I still can't decide if I am going to send out Christmas Cards. I guess it's like they say the Shoemakers kids never have shoes, the Christmas card makers family doesn't send out cards. I haven't officially decided yet (I just can't get past that nagging feeling that it's not right to NOT send cards) but since it is December 22, and nothing has been made, they definitely won't be Christmas cards. Sooooo, just know we love you all, we wish you a happy, merry Christmas. Maybe you'll get a New Years Card!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd say you've fulfilled your wifely duties. Darrin hasn't been doing everything on his own;)

Waka-waka!

Big D said...

Darcy, what were you thinking? I just want to set the record straight I am not gay!!! I can't believe you blew my cover. I think the percentage just went down to 1% if it is a boy.

Babbel Family said...

So funny! I looked on your site and saw your cut off date and saif "CRAP" really loud. I am totally behind. I just did them tonight but they are nothing to brag about. People won't even get them until after Christmas!! Congrats on the pregnancy!

DeGooyer Family said...

How exciting!! Hope you've been feeling OK. =)

Kathy&Mike said...

I decided years ago that Christmas cards were one hassle I could do without. The only problem is, if you don't send 'em, you don't get 'em, and they ARE fun to get.

Kathy&Mike said...

P.S. Darrin: Mike does a lot of housework and I don't know how I would manage if he didn't. I keep telling him, that doesn't mean you're gay, it just means you're a great husband!

johanna said...

Darrin- I don't think anything less of you because you help with housework or bake cookies. I think that means you're a good husband. I am concerned that you've been blogging while pretending to be your wife. Thats kind of...weird! Maybe all the estrogen is finally getting to you.

johanna said...

For the record, that was Kenny's comment previously, not mine.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am excited for you. We'll cross our fingers for a boy.

Clark Family said...

Darcy,
Congrats on the little one on the way. I'll pray for a boy for you if you pray for a girl for me (when we have the next one.) Happy new year!
Kelli

Celeste said...

Hey Darcy! I found your blog and it is great. I especially liked your running blog. I am feeling the exact same way since I am attempting to run the half in Moab. I ran in 5 degree weather the other day (6 miles) and I would NEVER have done that if I wasn't obsessed now! It is crazy how you just get that 'addiction' to running when you start a training schedule! Hopefully, we can get together soon!