Our Valentine's day was just a great day. It started with a little trip to see some friends. Their town had a "Family Fun Day" that was completely FREE! It was an arena filled with bump n' jumps, horse rides, food, and more!
The first thing we did were the horse rides. I didn't realize how small Eden was until I saw the pictures of her on the HUGE horse, but she loved it.

Jaya spent the rest of the time in line for face painting. I really have issues with face painting booths. The kids seem to make a bee line for them every time and they are ALWAYS the longest waiting time. This was no different. After Jaya stood in line for 1 hour (no exaggeration) she finally got her beautiful designs (not sure what else to call it). I did start a new family rule though, and that is: No more face painting booths. I will buy face paints and do them at home. After I told Jaya this, she insisted on knowing if I had any background in face painting. I told her I would learn. So anyone that would like to bring their children over for face painting at my house is welcome, it may just save you some time.

While Jaya was waiting, it gave Baylie and I some time to go to some bump n' jumps, which I was so proud of her, because she can really use Jaya for a crutch, but she did great, she went and did all the stuff by herself. There was some line waiting, but we handled it just fine.
Darrin even got to show his creative side, as he made the paper flower that's in the picture.

Just as we were leaving, we happened to see that Tigger had arrived and ran over to give some hugs. Eden's reaction was the best. She was so not having any of that!

When we got home I scrambled around getting the preparations for "The Case's Crazy Cafe" ready. My friend gave me this idea. Where you do different courses and the "guests" pick a few things from each course, the trick is everything is disguised. I printed a menu with random pictures, the kids (and Darrin) circled what they thought they wanted. Course 1 was probably the funniest, because Eden and Darrin ended up with no plate. Yep, that's right, their food was served right on the tablecloth. Course 2 Eden and Baylie ended up with noodles and cheese but no sauce (for spaghetti) I think they were in hog heaven. They are often requesting no sauce and this time I said okay. Everyone had such a fun time, and it has been requested for each meal since. I am definitely adding this to the Case Family traditions.

3 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm glad you had fun with the dinner! My kids loved it! Preston was the only one that didn't order the main course! The kids thought that was so funny!
So cute!! Looks like you guys had fun. I am with you on the face painting. It always takes for ever!! The dinner looks so fun. We are going to have to try that.
Funnest Mom EVER!!
Post a Comment