The Princesses preschool went to the Moon Farm for a field trip a week ago. I remember going when I was a little girl but I had no idea what was really there. We pulled up and it seriously looked like a mini circus, we were instantly excited. There was a sign at the entrance that read: A place built by kids for kids and adults. Could there be anything better? We had a blast. The carousel was seriously from the 1980's rusted and everything, but do you think kids really care? No way! It was operated by a light switch so I had the wonderful job of turning it off and on anytime a new kid wanted to join. I am seriously thinking of putting Big D on the task of finding one of these for our backyard!
Throughout the rest of the farm they had little themed houses set up, one of my favorites was the Holland room, mainly because I got to dress up the Happy One in some tiny wooden shoes. Apparently she liked it too...


No children's place is complete without a HUGE slide that most kids are afraid to go down. So this one had that too. Of course the Comedian wasn't scared anymore, after I pulled her down by her feet the first time.

Here the Princess gets to ride on the pony.
The funniest part of the day was my children's reactions to animals. My kids like to think they like animals but they really don't. At least they are too scared to get close enough to find out if they do or not. These pictures are a perfect example of what I am talking about.

In the above picture you have a classmate, who is fearlessly petting the mule. So the Princess or the Comedian sees this and runs up, like "Oh yea, I get to pet the mule!" Then what really happens, as soon as the mule makes any sort of movement is this...
There's our Comedian, with her hand outstretched (because she thought she could do it) but then the Mule moved, and she jerks the rest of her body away. It's so funny to watch them do this, with any animal they encounter. Maybe I should help them get over this by investing in a pet, but I know too well where they get their fear of animals and it's from me!
3 comments:
I love the Moon Farm!! Can't wait to take our crew there in a couple weeks! Wanna go again?
I loved the Moon Farm when I was little. Haven't been there since, though. My email is erinnye76@yahoo.com. I am looking forward to everyone getting together.
Didn't even know this place existed! Looks like so much fun!!
Post a Comment