Sunday, August 1, 2010

Destination - Connecticut

Part #1 - Birthday BOY
My grandma Barbara Orcutt was our wonderful host for our 5 day vacation in Kensington, Connecticut. We got there on June 28th, and the next morning was Kale's FIRST birthday. We have a family tradition to have crepes for breakfast on someones birthday. How fun to share this tradition with my Grandma.

Here's Darrin's experiment crepe - scrambled eggs and whip cream, yummy

We did sing for Kale but other then that, there were no presents, cake or ice cream. I was feeling a little bit guilty until we went to the beach, and then I thought how many Colorado babies can say they spent their first birthday on a beach, that's a gift in itself.

Plus turns out Kale likes sand way more then cake anyway. I am not joking when I tell you he was eating handfuls of sand... just imagine that when it came out, pretty gritty!

No comments: