The concept of marriage is a little confusing to my children, Eden asks me every time I go to the Temple (even when Darrin isn't with me) how my marriage was. She looked at the wedding photo of Darrin and I the other day and her and Jaya got into an argument because Eden was convinced that it wasn't daddy in the picture. So maybe it's just Eden that's confused, I guess it could be her age. So where do the princesses come in? Well I'll tell you.
The other day after church on the way home Baylie announced to me she was going to marry Colby (a little boy from her class), then Jaya busted in and said "Yea mom it's a rearranged marriage" I said "a what?" She said "you know a rearranged marriage, when your marriage is decided for you." Seriously I promise I have not picked my children's mates, although I know I will be tempted someday, and I don't remember teaching them about PREARRANGED marriages either. So, I chalk it all up to the princess/Disney/barbie movies.
As a side note, if Baylie is going to pick good little boys like Colby to marry, then I will go for rearranged marriages any day.
12-31-24... The Final Post
1 year ago
2 comments:
It must be a girl thing. My boys say ewww! and cover their eyes when Nathan and I kiss and they don't want to talk about marriage. --Maybe they'll be prince charmings someday.
I agree, Colby's an awesome kid!
Post a Comment