Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pit Stop - Denver

I had a hard time deciding how to write about this little pit stop, because I don't want anything I say to be viewed in a way that I was unappreciative or disappointed in the least, but this MUST be documented. So Brent, just know you are a WONDERFUL host and brother, the rest of this is written in good humor, WE LOVE YOU!
We arrived in lil' Mexico AKA - Thorton, Colorado in preparation for our flight which would be the next morning. We saw first hand a bachelor's life, and it really was an adventure. We had corn dogs for dinner, which who doesn't love? Visited with my, now mission bound nephew Shane, and Brent so lovingly gave up his own bed and bedroom for our family. We all slept in the same room with 90 degree temp outside, with a fan the size of my fist to keep us cool. As you can imagine I woke up from the heat a few times, and around 3 am turned to Darrin and whispered "Are you awake?" which it turned out he was. We then went over our airport game plan, on how to tackle the 5 hour flight with our 4 children, that awaited us only hours away. It turned out to be a great planning session and we got a few more hours of shut eye before we woke up to embark to Connecticut.
Darrin's sister Jenni, also lives in Denver and gave us a ride to the airport, and I could just imagine what we must have looked like to her as she dropped us off, with car seats, suitcases, backpacks and a stroller.
This little pit stop was great, we are so blessed to have such a wonderful family.
Thanks, Brent & Jenni

1 comment:

Big D said...

I am not going to lie when I say that those corndogs were so good. I long for them now.