Jaya who may as well been born with fins, was slightly taken back when she got her first jellyfish sting. I have always heard that you just have to wait out the sting, not much you can do about it. Nonetheless, my Grandma gave into her whining and was insistent that I track down the lifeguard to see if there is something I could give her. I found out that you can put vinegar on it, but as stated by the lifeguard "it doesn't really do anything, and they are all out anyway!" There you have it. I have also heard that you can pee on the sting and that will help but since that would be slightly inappropriate at a beach full of relatives, I wasn't willing to test this theory. It took about 20 minutes till it stopped burning. The next day when we went to the beach again, Jaya had to make a decision if she was willing to swim, and she decided she would try it. She had much better this day and was grateful she swam.
Here is the picture of her sting
Eden's experience on the beach I have to say was ideal. She swam and played in the sand. After a few hours of playing we even got ice cream from the local truck. As we ate ice cream I looked over to see little Eden eating her Popsicle laying down enjoying the sunshine. Then I realized she was almost asleep. I thought it was so funny she could be eating and sleeping at the same time. By the time I grabbed the camera it was enough attention to rouse her and she started posing. She was such a mess though, where the Popsicle had melted on her legs sand had stuck. I just let her lay and enjoy, which she did.
The rest of us including Baylie, just loved the downtime, swimming to the raft, building sand castles, hunting for shells, and visiting with family.
Grandma Orcutt, Jaya, Papi (my dad), Kale and Darrin
1 comment:
Happy Birthday to Kale! My babies loved eating sand and would choose it over most vegetables! Sorry about the jelly fish!
Post a Comment