I am determined to make this relationship to work...my nemesis the laundry. It has nothing to do with washing and drying, it's all about the folding, or more commonly the hanging of the clothes. I have designated Monday's as my laundry day, it works better for me to just get it all done in one day versus little loads every day. Alas, no matter how hard I try I always still have piles to be hung up on Tuesday. Maybe I should just accept defeat and realize it takes me 2 days to do laundry. What I really want to know is will I ever get to the point that I really don't mind laundry. Has anyone experienced this dread of laundry and turned it to joy? Maybe joy is too strong, but I want success stories people, are there any?
12-31-24... The Final Post
1 year ago

3 comments:
Here is what I have learned about laundry. You can't escape it, it's like death and taxes. So once I got the new front loader HE pair my life changed. I also can't stand large piles of laundry so I do a load about every other day. That way it seems manageable. I don't mind the washing, or even the folding. (I HAVE to fold them right out of the dryer, otherwise they will be wrinkled). It is the putting away that I hate. So I never, ever put the folded clothes back in the basket. I fold them on my bed and then pile by pile I take them to their proper destination. The 2 older girls are responsible for putting their clothes away but I do the other kids.
I'm with Sarah - I used to try to do it all in one day and (recently) switched to spreading it out because I just couldn't get it all done in one day. I also fold them right out of the dryer, then put the piles on beds for the kids to put away. It's still a never ending process, but I don't hate it. :) I love all the new pictures and posts, by the way!
I hate laundry so much. SO SO MUCH. Words can't even describe how much I hate it. I've tried the every day thing and every day I feel the weight of it's ugliness hanging over my head.
Maybe I'll try the all in one day method and see if that helps. Ugh.
Post a Comment