






A new girl moved into our ward in the Fall, her name is Lisa and she is wonderfully creative. We quickly became friends and I learned that she has an amazing talent for sewing. I must have mentioned one day that I would love to do a quilt and she was right on it. I didn't want a patchwork quilt, I wanted something that you would find in Pottery Barn, well applique was right up her alley and we got to work.
I drew the animals, trees and she helped with the colors and a lot of the sewing. I was a little ambitious and wanted the quilts done by Christmas, well Christmas morning came and the girls had tops to the quilts but that was it, oh well. In February I learned how to stipple (I didn't want it tied) and the stippling turned out to be very enjoyable for me. Alas I finished. It was quite the project but as cheesy as this sounds I must say it: there is something so satisfying about creating something with your own hands. I am so happy with how they turned out and now the girls room is COMPLETE!! Yippee.
1 comment:
Cute Cute! I need to do something like this!
Post a Comment