Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Special Thanks

THANK YOU is not sufficient enough for the wonderful teachers that have taught and loved my girls through the year, but it will have to suffice...Thank You to Mrs Dirst and Mrs Reid (Baylie's Teachers) Miss Lind and Mrs Tate (Jaya's Teachers)





Friday was the last day of school, YIPEE, while all things must come to an end I must say this was one of the more emotional ends for some of us Cases. For some reason as I dropped Baylie off in the afternoon for her last day of Kindergarten, which is half day, it just hit me that next year I won't see her all day. Some may think, my goodness Darcy that is a whole Summer away from happening, which is true, but I will miss my Baylie so much. Having her home in the mornings and Jaya gone, has been such a different dynamic in our family. It was WONDERFUL to get to know Baylie a little better and I discovered what an amazing asset she is. She helps tremendously and will often do what I ask the first time. She is a natural organizer and cleaner, what a blessing to have her around.


After school when I picked up both girls, Jaya had a red puffy face, I asked her what was wrong and she said "I am just sad that I won't be in 2nd grade anymore." So I told her, "Well go back and you can stay in 2nd grade forever!" Really we went back, but it was only because I didn't get pictures. Jaya got to say her final goodbyes and I told her all things come to an end, and I have most often found when something ends, something greater begins, even though it is hard. I love my girls.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I totally agree with you about missing the girls next year when they're gone all day! It just seems like such a long time for her to be off on her own. Megan is SUPER excited for first grade though because that means she gets to eat lunch in the cafeteria! I don't know why but she is sooo excited for that! lol