Sunday March 16, 2009 we celebrated Jaya's 6th birthday. We re-enacted one of our favorite restaurants Famous Daves, and Famous Darrin made some killer ribs. It was a family affair and we had a wonderful time.One of my favorite traditions on my kids birthdays is to tell them their birth story. They love to hear about themselves, and as it usually happens I tell all the births because they each want to hear theirs again. I will spare most of the details but one thing that I completely remember like it was yesterday with Jaya's birth, was when I held her in my arms for the first time and looking at her and thinking she is just so perfectly beautiful. To see that every piece and part was there and beautifully formed was breathtaking. I remember saying over and over again, she is just so perfect! It was a truly magical experience.
These last 6 years with her have also been a wonderful experience. I treasure her, and love her with all my soul. I expect a lot from her, her being the oldest, and more times than not she rises to the occasion. She is determined to do new things and must be the BEST (were working on the being the best part). She is easily frustrated if she doesn't feel like she can do something the first time, but she is really trying to be "flexible" and practice something till she feels good about it.
She LOVES: compliments, the color pink, diaries, rock n' roll, reading, her teacher Mrs. Suchar, friends, her sisters (I'm so glad), having her hair down and straight, and most girly things. She has recently learned the value of sharing, when she gave her primary birthday present to her friend, because she wanted to be more like Jesus.
She DISLIKES: going to bed, and every night after approximately 1 min of lying in bed will proceed to tell me that she will NEVER fall asleep. She also dislikes, Cherries, being sweaty - unless she is getting exercise, classical music, pain, waking up in the middle of the night, and running errands.
We are so blessed to have her! I love you J!


8 comments:
Happy Birthday Jaya!!
That was so sweet! I wish we lived closer so my girls could play with yours. They would have soooo much fun.
It goes so quick!
She is such a sweet girl. We love you, Jaya!! I looove the picture of her and Darrin. That really captures a tender moment. The fruity-cake looks yummy!!
Happy Birthday Jaya!! It's hard to believe you are already 6...you better stop growing! We sure love ya!
Happy Birthday Jaya! I love the picture with Jaya and Darrin-so sweet.
I too love the picture of Jaya with Darrin. You should have that framed somewhere in your house. Happy Birthday!
She is so cute! Love the pic of her and Darrin! There is nothing sweeter than a dad and his girl!
Post a Comment