Thursday, March 5, 2009

Not your typical...

I got a call the other night, the lady on the other line was wondering if I would be willing to coach Jaya's soccer team. I was a little surprised, why was she asking me directly? As I was guessing how many other parents she called she said "your friend Kendra said you might be willing to do this." Okay question answered, thanks Kendra! I told her I would have to talk to my husband and call her back.
I was really hoping this would be my out, normally Darrin is so consistent when it comes to telling me not to take on more responsibilities. This time he said "I think it would be fine." I was shocked! Apparently having no back-bone of my own, since Darrin wasn't resisting I called back and said I would do it. I decided it would be fine because it's just 1 practice a week and one game (which I would already be going to both.)
So I am waiting for the day when all these little, it's just one day a week things I have committed too will catch up and become a full on STRESS! Yet, I am a positive person (though you may doubt that by the previous paragraph) so here are the positive things that I think will come from this experience.
1- Meeting new moms and dads (our parent's meeting is tonight)
2- Getting to know Jaya and her friends better
3- Speeding up the end of this pregnancy (the season will end 1 month before my due date)
4- Staying fit (I will be doing a little more running around then I am now)
As for Kendra you may be wondering what her role in all this is...well she is now our new Referee!

2 comments:

Clark Family said...

Darcy,
Congrats on having a boy! I know exactly how you feel when you talk about having all the same sex....we would feel the same way if we have a girl next. Anyways, we are excited for you and your family!

Preston and Raelene Raban Family said...

I am excited it is you coaching and not me! I look forward to the season...it will be lots of fun!!