I gave MYSELF a time out this weekend. My mom, sister, and I drove to Denver and attended TOFW - Time Out For Women. It's a day in a half conference that my church puts on, devoted to lift and inspire women. Which is exactly what it did.
We met up with two of my sister-in-laws, Jenni & Jolene, and Jolene brought her mother-in-law June. It was such an empowering conference and I completely enjoyed myself. However, there was one downside and that is I hate crying in public. This is something I am trying to change (I'll save the details for another post) but when I am pregnant I am especially weepy. So despite my mild embarrasment from that, I was able to focus on my life and my priorities and I feel ready to be better and make some changes!
They gave us a challenge and that was to share one thing we KNOW. Something that we know without a doubt, so here is what I KNOW
I KNOW God lives! Not only does he live but...
He knows ME and loves ME.
He is aware of my life, needs, sorrows, stresses, weaknesses, fears & joys.
After knowing all that about me, he STILL loves me.
So I challenge each of you to do a little soul searching and discover what you KNOW.
5 comments:
I'm jealous. I want to go next time too. I could handle a weekend away in CO with friends, family, and an uplifting conference.
Sounds fun! I love those conferences.
How awesome! I need a little pick me up like that. So I should find time to look at blogs more often....I had no idea you were having a boy! Congrats!!!!
I SO want to go next time! I'm glad you had such a great time, other than the stinky weather coming home. Sounds like a great conference!
I love your blog! and I heard lots of great things about this tofw conference... I'm glad you had a great time, and you look so beautiful in the pics!
and I'm glad you made it home safe!
Post a Comment