Sunday, April 26, 2009

Caution...

************************Disclamer************************
Please do not proceed with reading this post if you have any of the following conditions, are faint of heart, have a heart condition, have a week bladder, have any type of lung or breathing condition, recently had mouth sugary, or if small children are around. In general please take caution with this post.
*********************************************************

Okay so this post was a much debated over post, but it's just too funny to pass up. I guess it's the pictures that are the much debated part but I have decided to share.


I have decided to start swimming, I wanted to stay in shape and thought this the best route. I did hit a snag and that was I didn't have a maternity swimsuit. I have enough friends that are bearing children so I asked one if she had one I could borrow. She said she did, she did have a disclaimer that was; her husband said she could never wear it in public again. I laughed and said "Well a swimsuit is a swimsuit, I will take it."


She convinced me that it really wasn't that bad. When she gave it to me, I quickly realized what her husband was talking about! I tried it on for laughs anyway, but it has seriously shaken my opinion on my friends sense in fashion. I don't have much fashion sense of my own but even I know NO ONE should wear this:

The best part was the next day I was going through the girls swimsuits and I found this one of Eden and I instantly thought, WOW that looks a lot like my new get-up. I do have to say I am a little disappointed that I don't have any pink ruffles sewn on my bum, because that would have definitely made it a keeper!

Don't you worry I got online and bought a maternity swimsuit that night!

8 comments:

Preston and Raelene Raban Family said...

I have to disagree with you Darcy...I think your friend was on to something. You make the 80's look great! That swimsuit is kickin'! You shouldn't have wasted your money on getting a new one.

Kathy&Mike said...

Oh, Darcy! You look like a supermodel for MOM magazine!! What I want to know is, how old is your friend's baby by now? About your age?? You could always add the pink bum-ruffles to complete the picture. Get out your sewing machine!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

I agree with Kathy, just add the pink ruffles...that would be the icing on the cake! :) ps-You are one good looking pregnant lady! You must workout!!

christy said...

That is one stylin' swimsuit...now I know what you and "the friend" were talking about. I think I'd frame that swimsuit...it's a classic! Of course only after you add the pink ruffles! BTW-you look great!

Stephanie said...

And I thought my hot pink one was a little much! I would have totally sent it to you. Haven't checked your blog in awhile....LOVE your new floors, Eden's hair, etc. etc. So fun to catch up via internet.

Katie said...

I laughed. Out loud. :o) I have a nice black one you can use if the internet one doesn't work out.

Babbel Family said...

LOL- Oh my word you are a brave woman. That is hilarious I totally laughed out loud!

Unknown said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA! Look at all the nice things your friens said about you. You are too funny for your own good!