Friday, April 24, 2009

My vision, now a reality

For a long time I have envisioned our little home with hardwood flooring (the laminate kind). Anything to get rid of the 90's patterned linoleum we did have. I have talked and talked about it until, I got it in Darrin's head too! A couple of months ago, it became a reality. Darrin and I installed it ourselves (which really means Darrin) and now there is just a little trim work and finishing touches left. I am so happy with it, and I really do feel like it's becoming a home!

15 comments:

Laura Campbell said...

It really does look SO GOOD! I really like that laminate, it looks so real. Good job you guys, it looks great!

Kathy&Mike said...

That looks so good! I love before and after pictures.

Kathy&Mike said...

Hey, wait a minute... I know a Laura Campbell. I wonder if you are one and the same...???

Preston and Raelene Raban Family said...

Love the pics! You guys did such a great job. It is so funny...I didn't think anything of the other floor but the before and after pictures really do it for me! Darrin did a GREAT job! Now on to painting! :)

KC and DL said...

It's so beautiful! Can you come do it to our house? : )

Angela said...

It looks great!! I can't wait to see the before and after pictures of the new paint. ...hehehe :)

Petersen Party of 7 said...

That is the exact same color we did our floor in. I love it but just be careful, it scratches much easier then they let on. Other then that it is so easy to maintain and looks amazing.

Martha said...

It really looks great!! And you must feel such satisfaction when you lok at it, knowing that YOU made the change! I look forward to "SOMEDAY" when we have a house that we can manipulate into our own permanent home. Can't wait to see you and your "HOME" in just a few weeks!!

Love, Martha

Babbel Family said...

Oh my gracious, I love hardwood. It looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful! I am still excited for your little boy coming soon. Take care.

johanna said...

Those look great! Very impressed that you put them in yourselves. Someday I hope to have hardwood, but it will be quite awhile. I love house updates!

DeGooyer Family said...

WOW - it looks SOSOSO nice!!

Ali said...

Ohhh! I'm jealous! You guys did a great job. I bet you can't stop staring at it. I know I couldn't!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

I didn't mind the linoleum either, but WOW! The difference is amazing!! Looks great!

Keir Jones said...

WOW!! It looks great!! Except where Darrin whimped out and squared up the flooring instead of curving it! JK!! Awesome job!