Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cooking Show



Years ago when Jaya was about a year old, I would do a cooking show with her. She wouldn't cook of course, she would just watch as I pretended I was the host and her my audience. It was good times. Fast forward to 4 kids later, I decided to bring back the cooking show. Some friends and I just started a meal exchange group, and making Crockpot Italian Chicken for 8 families provided the perfect timing for our first episode to air.
This time it was a little more hands on, the girls learned how to use a can opener, and Eden obediently opened packages of cream cheese. The kids DID NOT get to touch the chicken, and Eden will still point to chicken and say, "That can kill you, huh mom?" okay, maybe I was a little over the top when I taught about the effects of handling raw chicken.
Overall it took us about 2 hours to make 8 meals. The girls were not so excited about our show by the end, but they stuck through it. Watch out for our next episode "Cranberry Chicken" airing in July!

No comments: