





When you can pull off a party, without sending invitations, a cake, or a single balloon and can still call it a success, there must be a pool involved!
Baylie's 1/2 birthday came up fast, I say this for every child and every birthday, but it's still true. Fortunately with my hit and miss couponing I scored an awesome deal on pizzas and bubbles the week before, so my food and gift bags were done.
Baylie had asked for a bike, and we said she would get one when she learned to ride without training wheels. When she learned we looked high and low and just couldn't bring ourselves to buying a new one when we had 2 large used bikes in our shed. Some may call us cheap and to them I say were thrifty...we cleaned the better of the two bikes up, patched the holes in the tubes, zip-tied a cute little basket to it (found at the dollar store) and added a flower bell.
Darrin still feels bad it wasn't brand new, I just feel blessed that we could do it all for so little money.
On to the party, like I mentioned before, you add a pool filled with little kids and that's a party all right. The kids had a blast, I worried I would need to plan games, or some craft, but no, I didn't have any whining at all, that tells you something. We even had two moms pulling out the threats when the 2 1/2 hours of swimming had come to an end, and they were trying to get their kids to go home.
I don't know who loved this party more, me or Baylie, but hopefully it's her.
1 comment:
Happy 1/2 birthday Baylie!! Wish we could have been there!
Post a Comment