Sunday, June 13, 2010

a fond farewell


What an amazing year it was for Jaya being in first grade. I remember when Jaya started the year I was so sad that she would be gone all day. To think that someone else saw her more hours then me was quite a hard transition. Shortly after I met her teacher though, my anxieties were gone. Mrs. Irion is the best. She has taught for a lot of years, and she still treats each year with enthusiasm and looking to improve herself as a teacher. I really admire that. Jaya absolutely loved her, and I think I loved her more.
She completely excelled as a reader this year, she loves to write, and wants to illustrate books. I am just glad that I get her back for the Summer, she is such a joy at home too.

This is the last assembly of the year, and she was awarded 3 awards! Way to go Jaya.

No comments: