Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cabbage Patch Kid

As a girl I always wanted a Cabbage Patch Kid. I loved that you got adoption papers, it just seemed so official. They must have been pretty pricey, because I asked for a long time. My Grandma Beynon ended up getting me one as a gift. This one she had actually made. She made it too look like me even, with dark brown yarn hair. I wish I could remember her name, even better I wish I had her still so I could pass the legacy on, but I don't.
Even better though is this little cabbage patch kid, that will carry on her own legacy, and I am betting I won't forget this one's name!

2 comments:

Big D said...

Do you ever do her hair, or is that all natural?

Michelle and Nathan said...

I went through the same thing. I thought I was the only one without a cabbage patch kid. Finally, years later I got one (when they were out of style). My mom found some boy ones on a huge sale--of course my sisters and I wanted girls--so my mom made dresses and other girl clothes for them and put bows in their hair. Nice try mom. She probably hid the boy adoption papers. --Yours is the cutest.