Thursday, January 12, 2012

Breckenridge Friends Trip


The Dunns (Erik & Stephanie) planned our every other year college friends trip to Breckenridge Colorado. We had such a great time, lots of laughter, food, shopping and more.



Sarah gave me a much needed makeover, and gave me a pair of tweezers because I had been without for about 3 months (YIKES)




The guys did some golfing, while the ladies did some shopping...






Hydrogen Peroxide DOES NOT GO IN THE EYE, or else it will do this...

I must defend myself, by telling the whole story. I have a contact solution that works with a specific contact case. The solution is mainly hydrogen peroxide but when put in the case it will neutralize over the period of 6 hours, everything is typically fine. Now I also have a hybrid contact lens that require you put SALINE in it prior to putting it in your eye. Well this particular morning I was moving quickly and put the hydrogen solution in my contact instead of the saline and stuck it in my eye. As you can imagine it instantly burned, but not wanting to rip the expensive lens by ripping it out of my eye I had to remain calm and gently get it out, which took awhile because of how bad my eye was burning. By the time I removed the lens I started flushing my eye with water, and the white part of my eye ball had actually started swelling over my iris. The white part had been burned so badly it actually blanched the eyeball and left coagulated parts of my eye which looked like scrambled egg whites in my eyeball. It was torture, it hurt to open it or close it, and for the rest of the day I kept it shut. It was hard not to ruin the trip but actually having friends around probably helped.





Here is my eye the next day. It didn't look normal for over a week.




The whole group, last day, what a great trip. It really was, even with my previous eye story!



No comments: