Saturday, January 14, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Memories



When I was growing up my mom made a homemade cake called "Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cake". I absolutely loved it. I have the best memories of my mom making this cake and just the yummy goodness of eating it. Shortly after I got married I was craving it one night and decided to make it myself, promising Darrin it's the best thing you've ever had. While I enjoyed each and every bite Darrin did not share the same passion, what was the difference? He had no good memories attached to the cake like I did. Too be honest it kind of took the wind out of my sails for that recipe. That is until the other afternoon. I had my kids coming home from school early and I thought, it's time I pass on the Oatmeal Chocolate memories...it was well received.

No comments: