Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lakai


My nephew Lakai, got baptized this December. Because his dad lives in Sandy Utah my sister decided it would be easier for us to go there for the baptism. I was grateful, it was a good excuse for us to fit in a mini holiday before Christmas. The whole event turned out wonderful. It was with other kids that we didn't know, but we were assigned a room after the baptism, that all those that were there to see Lakai could meet together after and share our thoughts and love with him, and of course our testimonies of our Savior Jesus Christ. It was beautiful, my sister shared a beautiful testimony and I am so proud of Lakai and his decision to be baptized.



This is a scripture case my sister made for him, the CTR stands for Choose The Right, so fitting.



My brother, and his wife Jessica and little baby Coleman came from over from Idaho.



Later that night we took our kids to Salt Lake City to see the lights that were displayed at Temple Square. I haven't done this for quite a few years, but I have great memories of looking at these when Darrin and I were living in Utah. It was fun to show the kids, it's always PACKED with people, but I was still able to get a few fun shots of the lights with a wide angle lens! We ended the night with hot chocolate and chilly bodies.



No comments: