Wednesday, June 11, 2008

my budding hobby

Okay, for those that see me regularly I want to apologize up front. I am going to AGAIN talk about some new idea that I am pursuing. For those that don't know me well enough to be annoyed then pay attention closely. I have started a new fun thing... I am now taking photos! I have been reading others blogs and it seems this is not such a new thing for alot of you. I think with the new digital cameras making things look so nice, some have joined the band wagon, and I am one of them.

I actually started this because I got roped into taking photos for a wedding reception my dad couldn't go to. I was so nervous, the night before Darrin and I went to borders and I read a whole bunch of books on wedding photography. I then said lots of prayers and showed up. So that of course sparked my interest in photography and a I had the bright idea that I needed a website. I read about a site where you can upload and set your own prices for photos and then everything is shipped to them. I got my dad to finance (it really was supposed to be for him.) I did put some money into it and then nothing happened. I realized I had just wasted money unless I did something. So I called a friend and took photos of her kids. Which then lead to another friend, and another friend. I haven't done too many yet but I am loving it. So now I am just really trying to learn more, and do more. Here are some pics from a recent outing at the park, I'm planning on making a photo frame collage in the play room with some of these. If you are interested in some other shoots I've done the link to my website is http://www.casephotography.smugmug.com/















2 comments:

Laura Campbell said...

Such good photos Darcy!! As always!

Ali said...

You are very talented! I wish we lived closer so you could take some pictures of my girls!