Thursday, June 26, 2008

Weeding

A few days ago I set a goal to get my flowerbed weeded. The timing was perfect, and I actually had willing kids to help weed (even the neighbor boy joined in.) I set to work, I was weeding quite fast and was very pleased with my progress. I was pulling the weed vines off the fence (sorry I don't know there name) when I saw a hive, the instant I saw the hive and thought "Oh, there's a hive!" I saw the faint flicker of a black bug and all of a sudden my arm was searing with pain. I had been stung. I instantly got the kids away, and started for the house.
I knew there was something that you were supposed to do for stings (some mixture to put on it) so I needed to call my mom. I went to open the backdoor to discover it was locked. I knew there were no other doors open and I knew I had left it unlocked. In pain and anger I looked at the kids, demanding to know who locked the door? Wisely they all denied it. I knew it had to have been Jaya and called her on it, which her reply was "Mom, now we can go through the window!" (This was said very happily.}
We spent the entire weekend going through the window, because the backdoor kept getting locked. During the weekend I blamed Darrin, but now I knew the truth, and it was Jaya!!
So back to being locked out. As punishment (to Jaya) I sent Baylie through the window instead, I didn't want to give Jaya the satisfaction of getting what she wanted (am I too mean?), so with hurt throbbing arm I heaved Baylie through, and made it to the phone.
Well the kids followed me in the house, not out of sympathy or worry, but out of hunger. So I now had a whining crowd starving while I am just trying to fix my arm! After 3 string cheeses, Eden waking up, changing her diaper, and then getting her snack, I finally got a hold of my mom. I found out the mixture is: baking powder and water, I created a paste and put it on. At this point I wasn't sure I even needed it anymore, but it really did help.
As I was telling her the story, she had no sympathy either, just laughter as I related to her being locked out. She said I must write it down, that someday it will be funny, I have to admit it's getting funnier.
On the bright side, the door has not been locked again, without my constent, this whole week!

No comments: