
Whose turn is it to pick? This is a question I hear every night after I have laid my girls down to bed. We have started a daily ritual of letting a different family member pick the breakfast the next day. They can have whatever they want (that's in the house). We have run into a few protesters (mainly from Baylie she would have cereal everyday if I let her). So the system is great for us, and is one of the few things that I consistently do. Darrin is the lucky one, he gets two days, Saturday and Sunday (those are the only days he eats breakfast with us).
By now I can pretty much tell you what each member will pick, before they do, here's the menu:
Jaya - Grandpa Mush - if your not sure, it's a Darrin family tradition...breakup graham crackers in a bowl, pour on malt o' meal (brown sugar is our favorite), then I add a little milk (mainly to cool it down) ENJOY!
Baylie - Like I mentioned before - Cold Cereal - she did branch out this week and requested waffles!
Eden - Too little still, so I fully use this to my advantage and pick something easy that I want to do, generally Oatmeal packets.
Darrin - Anything that involves Bacon, so pancakes, french toast, eggs, but there must be bacon.
Me - My all time favorite breakfast is Biscuits and Gravy, with scrambled eggs. YUMMY!
It has been a little embarrassing when we've stayed at other people's house and the girls have insisted it's their turn to pick!

3 comments:
Aw...cute! Gabriel loves cantaloupe, too.
Hope your summer's going well!
I have up a few new picture posts on my blog if you want to look!
Cheers~Shannon
What a great idea. I am often making several different breakfasts in the morning to keep everyone happy. I am going to start trying this too. Thanks for the great idea!
What a fun idea! Like Johanna, I might have to start using this one.
Post a Comment