The other day I took Eden to get her Kindergarten shots, I wanted to be ahead of the game. It was the first time they ever brought out an eye chart and wanted to test her vision. The chart had symbols fortunately because only 2 nights before I got chastised by Eden's preschool teacher that she didn't know her letters yet (a whole different story). So I was grateful it wasn't letters. Anyway, they ask her what the pictures was by pointing (it was a heart) she said a circle, and I giggled. They asked her what the next one was (it was a star) she said a heart, and I giggled again. This test went on and one, each line got more laughs from me. I am not sure why I was laughing but it certainly wasn't helping. Eden was getting confused and looking at me to see what was so funny. Believe me I was trying not to laugh but I just couldn't stop. I think I was just as confused, can she really not see those letters or is she really that delayed? Looking back it should have been obvious, I know Eden's knows what a heart, a star, a cross, and a cup look like, but at the time it was confusing and I really wasn't thinking that clearly, I guess I was too busy laughing. After switching charts 3 times, and her finally naming each of the last 4 objects all a circle, I said "I think its safe to say she failed." The Dr came in and recommend her to the pediatric Eye Dr.
A week later we went to the Eye Dr and found out she has a very high astigmatism. Poor girl, she inherited my lack of ability to see along with my eye color. We went and ordered glasses, they came in 4 days later, and Eden can now see, at least that is what I am hoping. I am a little worried her prescription may be off, only because how would we really know if it wasn't correct? I think it's better because she keeps telling me, "WOW things are so much closer, look mom (as she hands me her glasses) see how close the refrigerator is!"
That's gotta be a good sign right?
3 comments:
Would you tell her to get off my table!!
She looks so cute! My little one-year-old granddaughter has pink glasses.
Eden and Kree rocking the spectacles. So cute.
Post a Comment