Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Midnight

Our kids have been wanting a pet for years and we always had several excuses, here is the list...
Q: Mom can we get a cat? A:We can't have a cat while I am pregnant, because I could get sick from the cat litter. (This is true by the way)
Q: Mom can we get a dog? A: I am having babies right now, I don't want to have a dog too.
Q: Mom can we get a dog? A: We don't have a big enough yard.
Q: Mom can we get a bird? A: Actually I am afraid of birds.
Q: Mom can we get a hamster? A: I don't want to clean those cages, plus I think they smell.
After the move to the new house, Darrin saw a mouse run through the kitchen. After he told me this was the conversation...
Q: (ME) Darrin can we get a cat or a trap? A: (Darrin) Sure let's get a cat!
And now we have Midnight. We had some friends over for dinner and they mentioned they got this cat, but the wife/mother is very allergic, I told her that we have been wanting a cat, because we saw a mouse (I know it would have been much easier to get a trap), if it doesn't work out with her allergies we would take the cat off their hands. The next day she texted me that she was bringing the cat over.
My kids are in heaven. She really is a great kitty, she puts up with all the hugs, tugs, squeezes and love they have to offer.





5 comments:

Big D said...

I am trying to give Mindy a run for her money as the most to comment on your blog.

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Whatever Darrin, you know I check your blog more than YOU do :) Super cute cat! Too bad we can't come over anymore because Chad's allergic... (totally kidding, hope you know that!)

johanna said...

I love the pics of Eden with the cat! If you have any vet questions you know who to call!

Celeste said...

These pictures make me want a cat. So cute!

Celeste said...

These pictures make me want a cat. So cute!