Mom is amazing, she is dedicated and is consistently service-minded and this is not just at work. There is rarely a weekend she won't babysit our children so that we can go out and enjoy some couple time. The list is long on the service she provides, but she is a dedicated mother, visiting teacher, friend and wife. I absolutely love her.
She was honored this year as a 35 year associate at St Mary's Hospital. As an associate of St Marys every 5 years you have worked there they host a dinner in honor of you. There were 6 people that have worked there for 35 years. She could invite 3 guests, she choose me, my sis and my husband Darrin (my dad was out of town). From the minute we arrived she just had to say her name and the hosts would reply "You are a 35 year!". We were treated like royalty, handshakes, hugs, congratulations, we had a table right up front and my mother even got a one-on-one video interview that was broad casted. The food was delicious, Salmon or Roast Beef. We got to sit with the new Vice-President of the Hospital even.
As we sat there my mom mentioned this will probably be her last dinner, I felt so grateful to have been invited. With the thought of this being her last dinner and her leaving St Mary's a sadness hit me. I looked at my sister and said "That will be so strange when she doesn't work for the hospital." My sister reply was "What will it be like when we don't call the hospital to talk to mom?" A little back story here, is everyday after school growing up we would call mom, to check in. I don't think I will ever forget her one line she would always say when answering the phone "Surgery Scheduling, this is Joy". That will always be a fond memory.
Mom your dedication is astounding and I am so proud to be your daughter. St Mary's is a better place because you have worked there.

2 comments:
That was a fun night and your mom is awesome. I love Joy too!
How cute is she!? Congrats Joy!
Post a Comment